On 06/04/2015 01:09 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

*/"PR led" is very accurate. What I found fascinating is that the writer really doesn't *know* that he's already parroting the things he was told, without putting them in quotes as if they had been told to him by a TM teacher, yet often using the exact same phrases they used. I particularly like this segment. Notice the use of quotes at the beginning, to indicate the things say by Bob Roth, and then notice where the quotes end and yet he's still parroting Bob Roth by repeating exactly what he said:/*

*"The thing I asked my teacher was, how much of this shit do I have to believe in for it to work? He said you can be 100 percent skeptical and it'll still work." Roth is generous with his smiles, and he shot me a big one. "The cool thing about this is you don't have to believe in anything. There's no philosophy."
*
*
*
*Other forms of meditation require a far greater commitment and can be more difficult to adopt. They teach either extreme concentration (an intense focus on one particular thing, and only that thing) or contemplation (thinking as hard as you can /about/ the present, which is often referred to as mindfulness), but what makes TM so user-friendly is that you don't have to do either. It's easy—"effortless," as Roth is fond of saying.
*

*Buzz!!! No, lots of other mantra meditations work the same way. There is no forced effort.

*
*
*
*You simply allocate twenty minutes of quiet time and use a mantra to liberate your mind from conscious thought and trigger the meditation. Mantras work, in theory, because they are essentially meaningless word sounds. One is chosen for you by your teacher from a library of dozens that go back to TM's ancient Vedic origins. Once a mantra is given, it is never shared under any circumstances.*

*But Pundit Willytex says there are no bija mantras in the Veda. So how can TM have "Vedic origins"? :-D

*
*
*

I think we should have a game of Buzzword Bingo! With the next piece that comes up like this.

You get one point for "mantra's are meaningless sounds"

Another for "TM is effortless compared to other techniques"

Another for "TM isn't a cult" etc...

First one to have the complete introductory talk wins a prize.