When you try to characterise an argument as feeble, you are not trying to
respond to an argument in a reasoned way, you are just taking the lazy way out,
so you do not have to do the work to think of a proper response. The only
person on FFL I do not respond to is Richard, and I ignore his posts. I take
time to respond to you however, but often you are very curt and dismissive.
Judy was often dismissive in this way. I do not think Barry is this way, he is
more of a hit and run assassin, and does not stay around to argue. I think you
get annoyed if people disagree with you. I too get annoyed, but I usually try
to think it through. Do you think of yourself as impatient? I often get that
feeling from you. You sort of breeze through things without getting deeply
involved intellectually, whereas I do not get deeply involved emotionally. Each
of us is superficial in some way then.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <reverse_archery@...> wrote :

 Despite your protestations to the contrary, trolls all look alike, and their
objectives are always the same. Same template, different day.
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Well, you certainly do not put any effort into responding to those you
disagree with. That is another sort of feeble. Do you think everyone is out to
hook you?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <reverse_archery@...> wrote :

 You, like Barry, try to disguise your troll-bait. Unfortunately, you aren't
any good at it. If you have any more questions about how the Yahoo groups
interface operates, please ask. Otherwise, Xeno, I am content to be aware of
your feeble intellectual masturbation, from a distance. lol
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I don't see there is much distinction between a distinction and a 'technical
distinction' here. Yes Rick allows trolls, although who is and is not a troll
partially depends on whether you like the content or not. Share liked Richard's
content, while I think he is a troll. Would be easier to scan through things if
Richard was not on the site. Because Rick does not post much, and does not
actively moderate the site content, what rule is he breaking? Content by others
is not moderated, the guidelines specify self-moderation because Rick choose
the hands-off option. Is 'darn' allowed bit not 'damn'? Seems like there is a
certain flexibility.

 Generally I observe people want content that they disagree with to be
moderated, so which one is right in a disagreement over this? You do not break
a rule because another does. I am not confused. I just do not care what you
think about this particular subject. Moderating may require having some
personal issues with what people say. If the guidelines were followed slavishly
and literally, FFL would be as boring as The Peak usually is. If I were
moderating this site, I would only eliminate one poster in the current group.

 Suppose I was moderating this site, and I made a rule that you had prove
beyond a reasonable doubt that God existed before you were allowed to use the
word or even the concept and related words on this site (you could publish a
scientific paper in Science or Nature, that was accepted by scientists and
replicated, that would work). You could talk about spirituality, but you could
not use the word, say, 'divine' and others, otherwise you would be eliminated.
What would your reaction be?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <reverse_archery@...> wrote :

 Surely you aren't as naive as you make yourself out to be, Xeno? Yes, the site
is not moderated, but that is only a technical distinction. The Peak is not
moderated either, with regard to the group settings. You possibly don't grasp
the difference between moderating a site proactively, which is what the Yahoo
setting refers to, and consciously breaking the rules here, as Rick does.

 Rick enables trolls, and that is definitely against the guidelines here. I
hope that clears things up. I understand your confusion, as you have yet to run
or moderate a forum, but perhaps you could understand the issue better next
time, before posting?

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 It is for Yahoo to enforce guidelines, not Rick. According to the Fairfield
Life home page, it says specifically in the group settings that 'messages are
not moderated'. The choice to moderate content or not is left to the group
administrator, and this is a choice Rick has made according to the way Yahoo
set up the site. So Alex's job description here does not include moderating the
content of the messages either. Yahoo made the guidelines and it is their
responsibility if there is a responsibility here, since they also made the
option to not moderate content available to the group administrator. The
question to ask is why are you still here complaining about it? Your complaints
are directed to the wrong people. Yahoo in fact might have far less leeway in
enforcing guidelines after the recent supreme court decision concerning on-line
free speech. You have your own content-moderated group by choice, so what is
drawing you to a place you clearly SAY you do not like? This is insane
behaviour.

 You have obviously not looked at some of the other so-called 'spiritual'
groups on Yahoo and other places where similar ideological battles take place.
Some get overrun with spam. Quite a lot simply die from lack of interest. Quite
a lot of them hide messages from non-members so you cannot see what it is
really about without joining. Some are moderated by their administrators, and
some are not.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <reverse_archery@...> wrote :

 Alex, before you and Rick sprain your wrists patting yourselves on the back
for creating a "free speech zone", you must be aware that, contrary to the
thousands of forums on Yahoo Groups, yours is not in compliance with the
guidelines. Nothing to be proud of.

 The guidelines are not arbitrary. They are put in place to foster discussion,
about anything. If you and Rick decide hands off, there is no unambiguous
solution to trolling on this forum. That is why the majority of the forums,
mine included, adhere to the guidelines set out by Yahoo Groups. Rick's and
yours don't, and that is no occasion for congratulations.
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 Thanks. From the very start, FFL was intended as a free speech zone. When Rick
asked me to be a moderator, the job description was to handle subscriptions,
keep out spammers, and make sure there's no porn or other content that would
get FFL categorized as an adult group, where it would be much less visible on
the 'net. For a time, I was also tasked with enforcing the moronic posting
limit.

WRT colloidal silver, I would only add that it should not be taken on a regular
basis, and even at 20 PPM, no more than 6oz should be taken per day.

 J Alexander Stanley is supposed to be the moderator, but he mostly is busy
making colloidal silver and cooking meat at low temps for a loooooong time
(wish I had some now). Personally I like his post on what he cooks better than
I would any moderation stuff. And I appreciated him giving me the info on his
silver maker. So thus far, I am quite pleased at the moderate role J Alexander
plays as moderator.