This is a fun rap to write in a way, because the audience that understands it
will be almost by definition be limited to a small, self-selecting number of
people on this forum. The others won't really get it, and I think we all know
they won't do the "homework" necessary for them to *ever* get it, because they
won't watch the TV show. Basically, this is the rap:
My suggestion for the best example I've found in fiction to represent what the
mindset driving this recent push for "moderation" on Fairfield Life really is,
what the emotions and motivations are that drive it, and what it hopes to
accomplish, are the moments between 40:40 and 52:50 in the season finale of
Game Of Thrones titled "Mother's Mercy."
In that segment, a representative of the fanatical religious cult who calls
himself the High Sparrow gets to force someone he hates to undergo his idea of
"atonement," walking naked through a crowd of people who jeer at the High
Sparrow's victim and throw shit and and garbage at them, while his female
sycophant walks along behind the victim, ringing a bell and chanting "Shame!
Shame!  Shame!  Shame!" And all of this is viewed as not only necessary but the
vindication of spirituality and religion -- what is needed to "set things
right" and return society to its proper balance.

For those who have been watching Game Of Thrones, I allow you to choose who on
FFL plays the role of the High Sparrow, and who plays the part of the Crazed
Nun chanting "Shame!  Shame!  Shame!  Shame!" with a look of ecstasy on her
face, as if finally being able to do this *and* get praised for it is the
highest moment in her life.