It's on you, Rick.  Doug's been peter-principled by you.

Doug, step down.....all our hearts are aching to see you assigned to an
IMPOSSIBLE TASK.

Doug, you get to be you, but no one could be the moderator here without a civil
 war resulting.  I don't want to see how this might end for you and your
reputation here if you continue to try to do this job by applying your own POV
to the task.  Your own honesty and integrity is going to be your downfall, and
the "truths" of the others here will equally drive them into vociferous
opposition to your management.