Good questions.
 Yes more work is being done by the labor of outside employment. Is on a
similar course like with the trajectories other spiritual millenarian
revolutionary ashram-like villages in American history, like with spiritual
practice groups in aspects of transcendentalism in the Shakers, Amana,
Harmonists, Zoar and old Quaker meetings.

                                Seems in a life-cycle the coming to rely on
outside labor to keep the institutions of the groups going can become more and
more necessary towards an end. Look at these two posts on aspects of the
demographics of this..
  Life-cycle within Communal Spiritual Groups
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/ChNcesJm1Cs

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/ChNcesJm1Cs
 Yes there are group meditations in town that are not sponsored by the
movement. Look in the Fairfield Weekly Reader to find these or ask around when
you get here. There are a number of group meditations in the larger meditating
community in Fairfield, Iowa 'separate' from the ones facilitated by the TM
movement. There is now a facility downtown for group practice of TM meditation
and TM-Siddhis but you need to be certified by the current TM movement with a
current badge to meditate with a TM.org facilitated group. There are other
group meditations with meditators to choose from otherwise in Fairfield too.
Fairfield is quite a mature meditating community with spiritual practice.
-JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackso...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Since I was once a resident of Fairfield, IA, I was wondering a couple things,
so if any of you who live in FF might know...

 First does MUM still use what were once called "town employees?"

 Meaning of course non-meditating Fairfield residents who did jobs at the
university. All the ones I worked with were pretty good people and in general
more reliable workers than their TM counterparts.

 The other thing I already asked Bucky, but he ain't answered - busy with the
lambing I expect. The question is are there unofficial places for people to do
group meditation or TMSP in Fairfield? Places not run or monitored by the
Movement?

 Thanks in advance for the answers.

  • [FairfieldLife] Fairf... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]