 Yes, I think that's a pretty common occurrence, taking for granted the unique
features of where you live.

 Another thing that sort of blows my mind, is that my wife told me that someone
in Great Britain was discovered to be in possession of a gun.

 It may have been a gun that was inherited from WWII.

 Well, something akin to a swat team descended on the house, and the man was
arrested and there was the potential of a six year prison sentence or something
along those lines.

 Apart from the debate of gun control, and what you think about that, the
situation is so utterly different than what you have  here.

 Yes, I know America is viewed as crazy for the amount of guns we have
circulating, but it was the overwhelming response to the possession of one gun
in a household, that rather shocked me.

I think it's great. I am about as anti-gun as you can get so don't get me
started.

 Here's what sorta blows my mind.  Apart from the rally, London is the most
visited tourist destination in the world, and you are right there.

 I am not sure why that causes some cognitive dissonance to think that it is
just a hop, skip and a jump away, for you, when people may plan for months and
budget many thousands of dollars to go there.

 Just some musings.....................

 I feel like that about Fairfield. All those wonders I could never get bored of
just on your doorstep, probably keep you busy for several lifetimes.

 But I know plenty of people who live in London that never go out and drink in
it's wonders, all those museums and galleries and old churches and historic
walks, the docks and parks and shops and the river with its endless cafes and
the world famous scenery that never gets boring. I don't blame them for wanting
to come and visit but if you come and there's a major demo on you've got to
join in. Unless it turns into a riot and you end up spending six months being
detained at her majesty's pleasure. That might not be so good.

 Okay, you were there.

 I guess you know.

 The quick scanning I did, indicated there may have been tens of thousands
instead of hundreds of thousands.

 I think the way they operate is that saying "tens of thousands" is technically
true as saying "hundreds of thousands" but said in a measly way to make it seem
like something they don't like isn't as popular as it really is.

 And if they went along and filmed the carnival atmosphere even more people
would go. It's like Glastonbury without the music and with people shouting at
you instead. Quite refreshing if you've seen who plays at festivals these
days...

 The number of people showing up at rallys is often a matter of contention.

 You aren't kidding here. The police figures used to be as hilariously skewed
as the organisers. Pick a number halfway between the two and that was probably
bearer the mark.

 Fine, 250,000.  (-:

 Uh, dude, just for the record, the 250,000 is your number.  Most other reports
have it at tens of thousands.

 As a stickler for accuracy, I'm sure you appreciate that.

 I was there. The figure came from the independent stewards the organisers
hired to observe the march and record any potential trouble. Much easier to do
it that way than end up being accused of incompetence and bias.

 The MSM you seem happy to rely are dead set against the anti-austerity
campaign because they are a bunch of right-wing maniacs like Rupert Murdoch and
Paul Dacre. Most newspapers only reported there was a demo because it was in
London, and posted a single picture of someone with a hood on burning a pile of
placards thus giving the impression it was an out of control anarchist event.
Subliminal fascism.

 The BBC do what they are told these days. Way too scared of losing their
funding.But if you are on a demo and Parliament square is full and two hours
later the rest are still backed up the the Mall then there is more than "just"
a few thousand.

 Any time.

 This is the sort of comment that makes you look like an idiot who isn't as
clever as he thinks he is. Best avoid the smugness in future.

 Oh, and by the way, is that slogan supposed to shock people?

 No, it's supposed to be funny which is why I mentioned that everyone laughed.

 What is funny is that I had you in mind as part of the slow class. And here I
am explaining it all to you....

 Really?

 You couldn't make it up.

 A casual observer might wonder why I'm giving a troll the pleasure of a
response but I'm just trying to keep my "actionable" headline at the top of the
list to annoy Doug.

 Fight the power!

 Great slogan huh?

 It was on a banner at the anti-capitalist march I went on in London yesterday.
What a super day, so good to be amongst like-minded people all of all ages,
races and creeds. United against a common enemy, a government that has waged a
class war on the poor.

 And we did it peacefully, without setting fire to a single bank or police
station! So much better to defeat an enemy by words, if you don't give them the
excuse to get the truncheons out they have to open a dialogue with you or stick
their hands in their ears and pretend you don't exist somehow.

 We assembled at the Bank of England and listened to various rabble rousers
demanding revolution and then we marched - all 250,000 of us - all the way to
Parliament square, past Downing street, past the shoppers on the Starnd, past
the queues for the theatres, past the hordes of tourists in Trafalgar square,
finally packing the Mall up to the Cenotaph and the bridges by Westminster and
even overflowing into St James' park.

 What an atmosphere! Music, dancing, cheering at the speakers like Caroline
Lucas, who was amazing, a true firebrand. Russel Brand had a go too but I
missed that, I was too busy tapping my walking stick at an impromptu rave
someone had started outside the Ministry of Defence. There was a real sense of
community all day that reminded me that there are others that care about the
downtrodden, others that want to change the miserable world we live in, to
challenge the authorities that shape our lives and make decisions we have no
say in even though we didn't know what they would be like when they conned
their way into power.

 And if the slow class is in today, I chose the post title because you can
paint a sign ten foot wide and carry it all the way through London on Saturday
afternoon and everyone just laughs. But I wouldn't try it here if I was you....