 Has Barry really been blocked? What has he done now? I haven't noticed he's
posted-in anything particularly shocking in recent weeks.

 He hasn't done anything at all.

 The story so far: The site owner - Rick Archer, who you may not even have
noticed as he doesn't post here himself anymore having other projects to keep
busy with - finally gave in to pressure from Fairfield resident Doug Hamilton
(also known as "Buck" on here) to have him as site moderator.

 Doug had discovered the Yahoo guidelines and thought that we could do with
losing some of our more boisterous posters and asked Rick if he could moderate
the site according to these guides. As all grown ups know, guidelines are just
that, they don't have to be stuck to religiously. But Doug is religious as most
of his posts will testify. He has stated many times in the past that he has an
agenda to clear this place of what he calls "apostates".

 So he found a perfectly valid post of Barry's about David Lynch and twisted
the guidelines around so it looked like he had a fair reason to delete Barry's
account. Barry told him to fuck off and stop being such a Nazi and that was
that. I woke up the next day to a mysteriously Turq free environment and we
found out later that someone who had posted here for more than 10 years hadn't
even got an email explaining the reason for the action. Charming. Jai Guru Us.

 Can we have him back please (perhaps after he's spent a week on the Naughty
Step).

 Barry has been one of FFL's most prolific contributors so he's proved his
dedication to the cause (and the reactions he provokes from other site members
make up a considerable proportion of each week's total!). And his input sure
ain't like anyone else's here

 Well said. We the Friends of Barry and campaigners for his reinstatement
appreciate all support!

 This place will definitely be a lot duller without him. A lot duller.

 They've thrown the baby out with the bath water and no mistake.

 I second the motion! And for the record I like Barry and Duveyoung too, who
doesn't like Barry.