 On 06/25/2015 09:52 AM, Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartaxius@...
mailto:anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife] wrote:

   How do you distinguish an imaginary god from a real one?

 All gods are metaphors so they are all "imaginary."

 The only god that would convince me is the one we might inadvertently discover
if we work out that the universe cannot have gotten here by itself.

 But how big an "if" is that, and how will we be sure that we've asked all the
possible questions to rule out error?

 Such a god would be so far beyond our capabilities to comprehend it would defy
all description because it would be not of the stuff of this universe, not
involved in time or space as we have been able to construct ideas of how these
things work. So even a mathematical description wouldn't make sense. And we
wouldn't be able to see it.

 For all its greatness it would be just an inference, but maybe it will have
left a clue that it was here that we will find when we become technologically
capable. Like a quantum signature in the left over heat of the big bang or
something wild like that.

  • Re: [Fairfiel... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]