One physicist on YouTube said that physics may be nearing its end as a science
if the LHC cannot find anymore discoveries aside from the Higgs Boson.  But,
based on this article, there are many other areas that physics can cover, much
of which are not understandable by most people these days.

 However, what's interesting about Hagelin's theory is that it has personal
appeal, particularly meditators in the TM movement.   If any of the siddhas
could demonstrate he or she can float in the air, then Hagelin's idea should
catch the interest of the science community, and the world at large.

 According to the author, it is possible to turn vast deserts into huge
computers.  Also, one of the dreams is to create quantum computers that can
someday understand quantum physics.

 Far out, but this is interesting:

 The proposed unification of forces, however, raises important challenges. Our
unification theories predict events and particles that have not yet been
observed.

 The missing events are decays of protons. As yet experimenters have not
witnessed any, despite heroic efforts. They must, and will, try harder.

 What he's talking about here is the experiments I've been talking about for
ages. The SU(5) theory of the seventies led to a series of experiments to find
the proton that must exist if the unified field theory is correct, they bult
swimming pool sized detectors, deep underground all over the world to catch the
interaction between the suspected proton and the chlorine (I think it was) in
the tanks.

 The way it works is, if you have a prediction of a subatomic event then you
will know what the likelihood of detecting that event it. In this case they
knew how likely it was and left enough time for statistical errors and they
didn't find anything. So they let the experiment run just in case. And run and
run and run, until eventually it became obvious that the proton didn't exist
and the unification wasn't happening. QED

 Quite why this guy thinks they should be trying harder when they've already
done all they can to find it is beyond me. It looks like the basic idea is so
good they can't bear to let it go.

 The last sentence: Unification theory suggests that in 100 years physicists
will be awash in proton decay data and theorizing over its finer points, is
particularly odd in respect of the conclusions from the experiment. If the data
isn't there they won't be swimming in it, the theory can't suggest otherwise
without suggesting a way they were wrong with the experiment. Which is what
string theory tried to do by having the decying protons hoovered up by mini
dimensions all curled up somewhere. But we know that a lot of string theories
are wrong because of how the Higg's boson turned out. Even John Hagelin
admitted that.

 But even if he hadn't I don't see where the idea that it's all consciousness
fits in, we are talking about energy left over from the big bang not some
mystical super-awareness! So no, I don't think JH's ideas will be accepted by
the mainstream.

 I can dig out references if you like.

   But will the unified field as proposed by John Hagelin be accepted as
mainstream physics?

 How Physics Will Change—and Change the World—in 100 Years — NOVA Next | PBS
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/in-100-years/

 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/in-100-years/

 How Physics Will Change—and Change the World—in...
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/in-100-years/ Nobel laureate Frank
Wilczek predicts a century of advances in physics and beyond.

 View on www.pbs.org http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/in-100-years/
 Preview by Yahoo