 I tried to watch it - man was it awful! Lame acting and RIDICULOUSLY bad
dialogue.

 It might vie for worst sci fi film with that god awful Prometheus.

 Prometheus was abysmal. And worse than just being a bad film with a tired
cliche in every frame it completely undermined the first Alien film which is
still marvelous. What was Ridley Scott thinking!

 But maybe the new Terminator film will give it a run for it's money. There was
a great film that surely didn't need a sequel, but it got one that made no
sense at all and, once again, undermined the original. I don't know why people
rate T2 at all. Better special effects probably. But the series went rapidly
downhill, the last one with Christian Bale was dreadful, all those cheesy
references to dialogue in the first film made me want to scream "Make it stop!"
but I was in a cinema and was probably in a minority anyway. People must love
those references or they wouldn't always do them right?

 Worst sci-fi movie I have ever seen must be Battleship. It isn't really sci-fi
but people will think it is because it's got big robots in it. It's more
accurately described as an advert for America's values and it's endless fight
against the nameless terrors that threaten the safety of the American way of
life.

 Been a lot of films like that recently. Aliens with no backstory, stopping the
hapless residents from going about their business, I don't know why they don't
just call the monsters Ayrabh's or Gheehadees or something as they aren't
fooling anyone. One thing they get wrong though is that the aliens they come up
against are always highly organised and technologically advanced, unlike
America's real enemies. Go figure...