 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, July 6, 2015 4:57 AM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Acropolis Now!

 The Greeks vote for an end to the "austerity" politics that the EU and IMF
have imposed on them since they had to be rescued from bankruptcy. Be
interesting to see what happens next, some of them might have to delay
retirement past the age of 50, and other horrors.

 They should never have been allowed to join the Euro anyway, all these poor
countries playing on a level field with Germany and France, it was bound to end
in tears. So they might as well get it over with and go back to the Drachma.
But with all money connected worldwide we'll all feel the effects of a break-up
in the Euro.

 Interestingly the UK has similar levels of public debt, the difference with us
is our creditors still think we might be able to pay it back if we destroy more
public services and sell the remains to the private sector so the people we owe
money to can make even more out of us.

 It's all gone horribly wrong somewhere, the banks wreck society and have to be
bailed out by the government who say they don't have that sort of money lying
around so the banks say don't worry, we'll lend it to you. £1.5 trillion later
and we still don't know what's going to be required to sort it out. But pity
the Greeks, their biggest export is strained yoghurt and there's only a few of
them who pay tax, the rest work for the government....

 I had the best summer ever living on beaches on Greek islands, I got all Jason
and the Argonauts cooking fish and potatoes over an open fire every night. Once
a week we'd go to a taverna and drink in the culture with dancing and ouzo then
watch the stars come out over the sea. All rather excellent. I'd do it again in
a heartbeat but I don't know if it's still possible now everything is
Euro-legal. Are people allowed to just sleep rough on beaches anywhere? Sleep
on the decks of ferries to save money? Loads of European kids used to do it for
a cheap summer holiday in paradise, nowadays most are too worried about how
dossing about will look on their CV's. Fucking politicians ruin everything..