--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote :

 OK, I have to step in to this fantasyland with a dose of reality.

Me: Perfect Judy entrance, lead with breaking rapport...

 MJ was canned for voicing an opinion about Doug, insulting him by calling him
"a hypocrite and full of crap."

Me: And Buck has insulted Michael and me with all sorts of obnoxious crap
including equating  our opinions about Maharishi to the activities of terrorist
organizations where drone strikes would be appropriate.  Both of those terms
use by Michael refer to specific things in his behavior they are much more than
a generic poopy pants name calling. He was called a hypocrite because he
complained to this group for ages about the very kind of judgmental crap he is
laying on us here, including the movement endorsed banishment practice for
people he doesn't like.

With your history of a sharp tongue here I think you are opening yourself up to
the same judgement. But it will never be applied to you because you are not
posting anti-Maharishi posts so you will never have to worry about Buck. If you
want to understand free speech, defend someone's rights whose views you
disagree with.

 Me: Barry got the boot for something other than the David Lynch post, we're
not sure what,

Me: We don't know why is the point. But the context of Barry's complaint turned
out to be the prediction of his own demise which turned out to be true. And now
we have two others gone. You don't see a trend? How many will it take?

 Judy: but that post hasn't been deleted, which suggests Doug rethought his
objection to it. My guess is Barry was kicked to the curb for declaring that he
was going to ignore anything Doug said, defying both Doug and FFL's owner,
Rick, who appointed Doug to implement the Yahoo Guidelines after having
received many complaints about the gross incivility on FFL. Could also have
been for calling Doug "insane" several times, among other insults.

Me: Buck got criticized for the content he posted here. That is why he got
called names, because he showed up as a judgmental oddball and untrustworthy
with power.

 Judy: So far, exactly zero people have been given the bum's rush for criticism
of TM.

Me: It is not like his views on anti Maharishi opinions is hidden, he has
revealed his feelings clearly. He canned people who opposed his power here or
insulted him personally. And it just so happens that the people who trust him
the least are often people who felt the same way about the movement for similar
reasons.

Buck provoked Barry's reaction by making a ridiculous accusation that confirmed
Barry's fears about getting canned on trumped up charges. Then he provoked
others to criticize him by not giving the rest of us a reason for his actions
leading others to feel threatened by this kind of moderation.

So I get it, you feel safe so you have no problems. One of your enemies is
gone, so things worked out for you. But I thought you were a bit more of an
advocate of fairness over opportunism.

Now as far as Rick goes, I believe Elvis has left the building and we are on
our own. But can you really say that you have not benefited by the previous
laxity in this kind of judgement in the past? Haven't many of our best
conversations or arguments often included some non Buck approved language and
sentiments?

Et Tu Judy? Other than the opportunism of seeing Barry get what I am sure you
feel are his just deserts, is this really the kind of place that encourages
lively discussions, knowing that the Church Lady with a 5 O'clock shadow can
spring out at any time and declare that pearls must be clutched and someone
must be banished?

 "insulting and ridiculing and misrepresenting others"?

 MJ was canned for voicing an opinion about Marshy. That's free speech. You
perhaps saw it as an insult. I'm sure the comment could have been justified by
MJ - If he'd had the chance, but he didn't. No free speech you see.

 Barry got the boot for a criticism of David Lynch. That too was easily
justifiable. I think you have some confusion between your own biases and the
right of others to think different differently. Respecting the right of both to
exist side by side is the essence of free speech. Got it now?

 Happy to help.

 Doug is right here, and I think calling this new group Free Speech is a
misnomer, as Doug implies. It's more a question of civility than free speech.
IIf, say, you go to a party and spend your time there insulting and ridiculing
and misrepresenting others, you will likely be asked to leave. But would it be
fair to call that a curtailment of your right to free speech? I don't think so.
It would just be an adverse commentary on your boorish social behavior, which
you would be well advised to amend.

 As someone pointed out down at Paradiso Cafe in Fairfield, Iowa this morning
about the creation of FFL2 for the FFL-banished, these fox may not have fun for
long by themselves without also having hens to pick on. Making straw-men may
suffice for some while and keep them from tearing at each other for some time.
The Yahoo-groups guidelines eventually will find and rule them where ever they
may go as they meet up with kind people in civil society. A character of
violence in civil society often is that it is self-limiting in nature and the
asocial tend to isolate themselves. Thanks for better facilitating that, Alex.
-JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 On a whim, I made a FFL free speech zone. Use it. Don't use it. Doesn't matter
to me. Just letting you know it's there.

occurred while loading the content.

 Preview by Yahoo

 Thank God, now maybe we can get some peace around here from all the whining. I
think you might have wanted to call the new site "australia".

  • [FairfieldLife] Free Spee... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re: ... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLife] ... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [FairfieldLi... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]