Title: MUSIC!!!
Dear Friends:

About two years ago I enjoyed a great evening of music when I attended a concert given by a singer/songwriter, Karen Mal.

She was visting Fairfield from Austin, Texas and played at Revelations Book Store.

Unfortunately, on the same night there was a play at Spayde Theatre and another event at Morning Star, so not too many people were available for her performance.

I just remember sitting in the audience thinking that people had missed seeing a truly fine talent.

Her music was captivating.  (She has a great voice, her lyrics are sweet and charming, and she plays a great acoustic guitar.)

Fortunately, Karen is returning to Fairfield to play at Cafe Paradiso on Thursday, Dec. 8th.

Please come and see her live in concert, and please send this email to your friends, so we can give her a warm Fairfield welcome.......

I have included some information on her below, and you can also visit her website...

P.S.  Please also let me know if you have a guest room for her for the one evening she will be here.....

Thank you!  David Hawthorne

Karen Mal has been chosen as a winner or finalist in the following songwriting competitions:

Portland Songwriters Association (2002)
South Florida Folk Festival (2003)
Mountain Valley Arts Festival (2002)
Sisters Folk Festival (2002)
KRCL/Founders Title Folk and Bluegrass Festival (2002)
Kerrville New Folk (2001 and 2002)

In three short years, Karen Mal has gone from a virtual unknown on the Austin acoustic music scene to one of the most sought-after performers around, both as a solo artist and as a sideman for others on mandolin, guitar, and harmony vocals.

Karen has opened for and/or appeared onstage with performers such as Tom Paxton, Slaid Cleaves, Tom Prasada-Rao, Gail Davies, Buddy Mondlock, and Tom Kimmel.

Originally from New England, more recently from Wisconsin, Karen worked in regional theatre for several years as an actor and musical director/composer before settling in Austin, Texas to play music full-time. She has lived and worked in places from Manhattan to Memphis, from Wisconsin to California, and toured in 40 states.

www.karenmal.com <http://www.karenmal.com>