---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :
I am glad to hear it was offered to you and that it was your choice. I don't
blame you for not wanting it. I also appreciate your information about the
security issues.  That pretty much destroys any chance of being protected if
someone goes after you online on one of these groups. Good to know.

 Ownership of FFL was offered to me several years ago, and I turned it down.
Had he asked me again, I'd have turned him down again. Yahoo's anonymity system
has the gaping security hole that lets Ravi post, with little that I can do to
stop it; I don't mind that Ravi does it, because he's not a dick about it. But,
it's a potential source of tremendous abuse, and it's not possible to turn off
the anonymity feature. Also, I wouldn't want to take on management of the
off-site archive, where posts can only be deleted by the site's administrator.
I like my new group just fine, and if I do say so myself, it's a shining
example of Maharishi's idea of the perfect government: an enlightened dictator.
-JaiGuruMe!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Yes, I would like to thank Rick too for starting this forum and allowing me to
be part of it after these years.  Good luck in your future endeavors and we'll
be watching your BATGAP presentations.  Come back and visit us anytime.

 JR

 Me: Well said. I sent my feelings to Rick but they mirror yours. I loved FFL
and appreciate how it was run all these years. The idea of this site was
brilliant and it has done a lot of good for a lot of people.

 I am sorry about his choice for the new owner but I don't know all his reasons
or how many options he had once he wanted to bail. Personally I wish he had
handed it over to Alex but Alex has his own site now and that seems to be run
like the old FFL. Rick can be proud of what he created here. I am not gunna
throw shade over all the good years because of this last action. Especially
when a good option exists for people who don't trust the current moderator.

 Not sure what all the fuss is about.

 Things change. People change.

 It's not like we don't have choices.

 Oh, if you need a character witness for Edg's threatened lawsuit, (jeez, if I
had a nickel for each time I've heard that, I'd have at least a $1.50 by now),
let me know.

 I imagine you'd have no shortage in the department.

 Anyway, keep up the good work!!