7th Ray,

 The Creationist and Young Earth Christians will definitely be devastated if an
ET appeared here on earth, or even make an attempt to communicate with humans
through the SETI program.  But it would not necessarily upset the entire
Christian religion or other world religions for that matter.

 However, it would mean that the present Christian theology would have to be
adjusted to include ETs as part of the Divine Plan.

 IMO, it would be fortuitous if humans can communicate with ETs who are one
light-year away from earth.  If so, then we can have an exchange of ideas with
them.  But it would be virtually impossible to get there with our present space
technology.

 The only thing that binds everything together is the factor of consciousness
that is the basis of the entire creation.  We might be able to communicate with
the ETs through the silence of the unified field.

 Yes, and expanding on that, if, when, life is discovered in another world,
that will undoubtedly upset the religious apple cart in a million ways.

 I am guessing PR firms have been already been retained to come up with game
plan, albeit a classified one.

 But, it does beg the question, if you believe in God, or a higher power, how
do you integrate that in.

 Most people, are used to thinking about God as it pertains to our world, and
then, the universe as an after thought.

 Cognitive dissonance to the extreme.

 Perhaps that will be the game changer in terms of how people mature in their
outlook of God and a creator and such.

 This is actually an interesting topic and one to which I have, hitherto, not
given much thought. Humans can tend to be very egocentric and often figure
themselves to be the only humans in the Universe and thus the only ones "made
in the image of God". I am pretty sure humans consider themselves pretty
special in having been granted the assurance of Jesus that they, and they
alone, are saved. Not only this, but many would assert that only those who
believe in Jesus as their Saviour will be saved so this limits further the
presence of "God" in the lives of others. Of course the logical conclusion from
all of this is that human beings are the only ones NEEDING saving and thus
perhaps the only ones capable of "sinning". For that matter, are animals
capable of sin?

 S3,

 Those questions are excellent to ponder.  Many years ago I read an essay
written by Teilhard Chardin that attempted to address these questions.  He
stated that the entire universe only needs to be saved once.  Therefore, Jesus
Christ does not have to manifest at the various worlds that may have
intelligent beings or humanoids.  As such, his appearance on earth was enough
to save the entire universe.

 But this assertion raises more questions than answers.  For example,

 1.  If the Christ only appeared here on earth, how would the other worlds know
that they have been saved or redeemed?

 2.  Does it mean that the mere fact of attaining sentience by any beings in
the universe inherently means they would disobey the rules set in the Garden of
Eden?

 3.  If they did not disobey, then would they be living in paradise in their
own worlds?

 These are a few of the questions that I can think of.  I'm sure you and the
rest of the members would have more questions as well.

 To comment on your last paragraph, IMO the appearance of Jesus in the other
worlds would have to be spiritual within the consciousness of the sentient
beings throughout the universe.  For the present, there is no worldly
technology that can transport human beings here on earth to all corners of the
universe.

 Perhaps alien "people" haven't fallen - in the theological sense - so don't
need a saviour? Are aliens sinless quite naturally?

 But if they have "fallen" then it seems unfair that only humans get the Son of
God on a short visit and aliens are left to stew in their own juices.

 The Vatican says no.  But it believes there could be intelligent beings in
other worlds in the universe.  This is a new development for the Church which
burned Giordano Bruno to the stakes for believing the same thing during the
Middle Ages.

 Why the Vatican doesn’t think we’ll ever meet an alien Jesus
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/01/why-the-vatican-doesnt-think-well-ever-meet-an-alien-jesus/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/01/why-the-vatican-doesnt-think-well-ever-meet-an-alien-jesus/

 Why the Vatican doesn’t think we’ll ever meet an alien J...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/01/why-the-vatican-doesnt-think-well-ever-meet-an-alien-jesus/
 "I don't think we'll ever meet a Mr. Spock," the vatican's observatory
director said.

 View on www.washingtonpost...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/01/why-the-vatican-doesnt-think-well-ever-meet-an-alien-jesus/
 Preview by Yahoo