--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "benjaminccollins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was my experience that he was dealing with deeply routed issues and
> was searching for answers.  I'm no guru so I don't provide answers to
> people nor do I tell them what to do.

So did he find his guru?  He didn't mention a new guru.  This YBC
group he's joined appears to work off a website and via email.  Some
people have exchanged emails with a lady called Caroline who appears
to be the liason.  From what I can tell, this YBC is totally opt in.
So what answers could they be providing that you couldn't?  I hear
that you're very accessible by telephone.  Is it possible that you
encouraged his seeking answers?  Can you say co-dependency?

>I think that yagyas are a
> useful tool to accelerate one's evolution and are a great supplemtn to
> TM.

The YBC people appear to feel the same way.  They offer a yagya "For
spirtual progress towards getting Enlightnment, to know about self
(Atma), & getting life purpose and washout the past negative karma".  It
contains many special yagyas like Special Rudravishek + Aditya Hridaya
Yagna + vishnu Mahayagna + Durga Saptasati/Chandi Maha Yagna + Hanuman
Yagna + Lord Ganeanpati Yagna.  Class A $10,000 12,400 Pundits/hours,
Class B $5,000 5625 Pundits/hours and Class C 2100 Pundits/hours.  It
sounds like it could do even the one time Beach Boy Charlie Manson
some good.  The description doesn't go on to say that it is not meant
for someone with Tom's character.

> I always thought Tom was spending more than was sensible, but
> that's what he wanted to do.  It doesn't surprise me that he
> eventually got all pissed off and went someplace else.  Frankly I was
> relieved.

Why did it not surprise you that eventually Tom got all pissed off and
went someplace else?  I'll bet both of you saw the yagyas weren't
working, right?  But you couldn't tell him they weren't working for
him and because of his character they weren't ever going to work.  Can
you say passive-aggressive?

So you're just an order taker then?  You don't advise against spending
too much money?  I've heard from many that you give readings and
recommend yagyas.  Did Tom threaten you or otherwise force you to
accept his money and perform his yagyas?  Didn't you feel a little
guilty taking money from someone for whom you knew the yagyas wouldn't
work?

> If these yagyas work for him great.  But it is my opinion that yagyas,
> meditation and any spiritual practice only take you so far and then
> issues of character must be addressed before further progress is
> possible.  Tom's character issues have been amply demonstrated in this
> forum, just do a search.

So how does one address issues of character?  I looked in the phone
book and didn't see characterologists listed.  Are we getting issues
of character mixed up with feelings of hurt from being attacked?

That's funny.  I remember reading on your website that yagyas work for
people who don't even know the yagyas are being done for them.  Being
a pain in the ass make yagyas not work?

Didn't you feel it would have been wise to tell Tom that your
particular yagyas don't work for people with Tom's character?

Why did Tom's character become a problem to you and your gods only
after he stopped doing yagyas with you and one of your major cash cows
stopped giving milk?  Losing his sponsorship all of a sudden must have
set back your cash flow a bit.  I've heard that you got very upset
when Tom stopped sponsoring at high levels because he had promised to
sponsor at high levels for a long period of time.  He stopped after
one year which appeared to him to be a long time.  But Tom wasn't the
only other major sponsor who dropped out at about the same time.  Tom
was perhaps the last straw?

What sets your yagya apart from those of others?  Tom seems very happy
and has reported some very positive things with the yagyas he's doing
now.  Could it be that YBC is right and if certain transits aren't
first appeased, the other yagyas won't work?  Could that explain why
your yagyas are hit and miss?

Incidently, what is Tom's character?  Is it out of favor with the
gods? Do the gods favor people of only a certain character?  I thought
they burned off karma.  The YBC site is very big on something they
call a turning point.  They define it as a time when transits have
been appeased and karma has been suspended sufficiently to gain
Support of Nature and remediation of one's life and lot in life.  They
don't mention character nor give a personality test first.  Or do they?

If you were so relieved when Tom stopped doing yagyas, why did you
accept his money and perform his yagyas?  I'm completely confused.
You felt ill at ease.  You felt he was spending too much money.  Your
yagyas don't work for someone of Tom's character.  Yet you took his
money and performed the yagyas for him.  Didn't you feel any cognitive
dissonance?  Do you do TM?  Do you have a conscience?  Do the yagya
work for you?

> As one who is deeply involved in yagyas and has seen them work wonders
> under the proper circumstances I can say that I take absolutely no
> offense at Dr. Pete's postings.  I found them quite funny given the
> context of Tom P's past behavior.

What are those proper circumstances under which yagyas work wonders?
Don't you feel an obligation to put a buyer beware on your website?
How do you make sure you're not taking someone's money for something
that might not work for them because they don't have the right
character?  Do you let PayPal decide?

> -Ben
>
> PS. With reference to another recent discussion here on FFL, I'll
> just
> mention that I have been involved in arranging yagyas for George
> Harrison and his family both before and after his passing. Before he
> died George was mostly into Yogananda and the usual plethora of
> spiritual practices typical of an Indian Brahmin in which his main
> guidance was Ravi Shankar.  After his passing I have continued to
> arrange yagyas for his family and Dhani is an avid meditator, not to
> mention a very fine person.

How impressive.  Did you make sure George Harrison and his family were
the right kind of people?  Did you warn them that if they were
assholes your yagyas wouldn't work for them?

It appears that there really were groups of pundits doing yagyas
during certain calmer periods over the last two decades.  These yagyas
appeared to have worked without the people with bad character knowing
that yagyas were being done for them.  Bad people doing bad things
calmed down a bit. How did that happen if TM, meditation, spiritual
acts and yagyas only favor those who are already favored?