Here, groups seem to have managed and cleared rich forests, built structures
and returned to the same place for over 3,000 years, according to a radio
carbon date range that has yielded a uniquely long sequence for any Mesolithic
site in Britain and Europe - 7,596-4,246 BC.
 Early Britons: Have we underestimated our ancestors? - BBC News
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33963372

 Native Iowa Pundits Native Yagya
 “The Sacs and Foxes, like all other Indians, were a very religious people, in
their way, always maintaining the observance of a good many rites, ceremonies
and feasts in their worship of the Kitche Mulito, or Great Spirit.

 Some of these ceremonies bore such resemblance to some of those laid down in
the books of Moses as to have justified the impression among biblical students
that the lost tribes of Israel might have found their way to this continent.

 “The writer was a witness, one delightful forenoon in May, 1841, of a ceremony
that seemed full of mystery, even to these of the Indians who took no part in
celebrating it. A large lodge (yagya shalla) had been set up for the occasion
on the level green, near Keokuk’s village, and its sides left so entirely open
that vision of the proceedings conducted within was entirely free. Close around
was a circle of guards or sentinels, evidently ‘in secret,’ as they were close
enough to hear, but at a distance far enough to prevent eavesdropping of the
low tones used with in the sacred precincts. Inside of the guards was another
and much larger circle of, who restrained all outsiders (of whom the writer had
to content himself with being one) from crossing within their line. Keokuk
seemed to be the chief personage among the performers, and the performance to
be designed for the exclusive benefit of one old fellow of some importance in
the tribe, who was mainly distinguished from those about him by being clad in a
much scantier pattern of raiment.

 … The outside multitude of Indians gazed with marked awe throughout the entire
performance, and maintained withal, the deepest silence.”

 (Excerpt from Maj. Beach’s History of the Agency (Iowa) & Jefferson County
(Iowa) History 1878.

 Native Satsanga in Iowa

 /Very interesting - a wonderful account. The tribes around here lived in
discrete nations, each much smaller than we consider today, with their own
languages and customs. It was considered a huge breach to enter into another
Nation's territory. The Maidu were the most well-known nation, and their
descendants live here still. I don't know much about their spiritual practices,
except that we have "the world's smallest mountain range" here, the Sutter
Buttes, and that is well known as their sacred center./

 Pioneer Satsanga in earlier Iowa, Communal Springwater, an 1850's
[Transcendentalist] Brook Farm.. Lot of pioneer-era Iowans came through the
spiritual crucible of the Burnt-over districts of upstate New York in coming to
Iowa from New England. A good example this kind of satsanga of that time is a
group of young people settling together near the NE Iowa community of Decorah
in the 1850's:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/6WjEbY2HOxU

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/6WjEbY2HOxU

 dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :
 In a spectrum of people who make up spiritual movements, Abstracting Codman,
the kinds of people who 'gather-in' : 1]Transcendentalists by experience, 2]the
ideologues and reformers, 3]cultivated intellectuals.   “..but it joined
intellect and heart.”

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/5SN1p8O3ISE

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/5SN1p8O3ISE

 This is interesting. I got Quaker meeting
https://sites.google.com/site/primitivequakers/
https://sites.google.com/site/primitivequakers/
 here right now of old Quaker-meditators starting here in a few minutes but
will be back on this topic.
 -JaiGeorgeFox!

 ..Most groups wither or die in time for lack of substantial spiritual
experience enough that is compelling enough to come together for.  Is often not
enough to just say we want to live 'sustainably' together... It comes the other
way around when it works for any length of time.

 life-cycle of spiritual groups..

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/ChNcesJm1Cs

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/ChNcesJm1Cs

 Well, God damn!

 What did they expect?

 Mormon gays living like the pioneers and shitting in a chamber pot?

 None of my gay friends would be drawn to such as that.