On Dec 5, 2005, at 9:44 PM, jim_flanegin wrote:

On Dec 5, 2005, at 4:56 PM, jim_flanegin wrote:

Last, the way to a pure land by releasing consciousness through the

crown is not special to any kind of Buddhist techniques. It is the

way any realized being leaves the body, whatever the affiliation,

even 'lowly' TMers... ;)

While anything is possible, unless you achieved the signs of

transference in this life, it is unlikely you will do so at the

moment of death.

I don't know exactly what you mean by the signs... The normal flow of

energy is upward and through the crown, anyway, so at the moment of

death, why should it be any different?

The signs of having opened the aperture of Brahman.

Of course you also have to know and understand the signs of death when to apply the method/technique itself. Otherwise you are essentially committing suicide.

There may be further considerations. If your country is being invaded by beings who want to destroy your gnosis, your practice and the fact that being drug off to the torture chamber may be looming; should you leave and reincarnate consciously in another country where the dharma can be found and there is no war? Many Tibetan monks did just that.

There's always trepanning. :-0

ouch...I'll just stick to combing my hair, thanks...