10 years ago hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.  A year ago an
earthquake devastated some of downtown Napa and was felt strongly here
(the actual epicenter was about 12 miles away).   What do the two have
in common?  People wondered why many homes and businesses did not have
earthquake insurance in Napa.  Other than it being too expensive is what
we learned from Katrina victims trying to settle their flood insurance
claims with insurance companies.  I canceled my earthquake insurance
several years ago.  My agent didn't even raise a brow probably meaning
they felt it wasn't worth the money either.