In the US we like to say the libertarians are Republicans who like to smoke
dope and have sex.

 I plead not guilty to some of those charges ;-)

 Republicans are what I had in mind when I said: "in the presence of
self-described right-wing libertarians I tend to feel like a left-wing
libertarian." I don't buy into the economic, let-it-rip capitalism of  Ayn Rand
types.

 But I also don't buy into the implicit communism of the left-wing
libertarians.

 It's freedom of speech, association and expression that appeals to me.
Sumptuary laws (alcohol prohibition, smoking bans, etc) also annoy me.

 As for people who get upset about bad-taste jokes . . .

 In the US we like to say the libertarians are Republicans who like to smoke
dope and have sex. :-D

 On 08/25/2015 03:08 PM, s3raphita@... mailto:s3raphita@... [FairfieldLife]