 Ann,

 Donald Trump is not the typical politician that tries to triangulate the mood
and opinions of the people.  He just says what he thinks is right for him and
his fans.  But, in the long run, if he is chosen as the Republican candidate
for the prez he will lose in the general election because he only appeals to a
minority of Americans.

 It would be wise for the Republicans to choose a candidate who has an appeal
to the broad base of people in the country.  But, it's surprising that Jeb
Bush, who is more mainstream in outlook, has not taken over the lead.  If they
don't learn the strategy of Bill Clinton, although a Democrat, they will lose
the next presidential election for sure.

 To win, they have to choose a candidate who can win the swing states like
Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and others.  They cannot win by relying
on the red states like Texas and the other southern states alone.

 My theory is anyone with the name "Jeb" should never run for president. And
the best thing about Trump is his hair.

 MD,

 If the US should take any more migrants from Europe,  the government should
settle them in cities/states with dwindling population or low population such
as Detroit MI,  Oakland CA, New Orleans LA, Wyoming, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah
and others.

 But would Trump and other Republican candidates make a public spectacle out of
it?

 Trump and the Republicans make a spectacle of just about everything. Trump,
for a landed immigrant, certainly doesn't like to share and he is, among many
other things, someone who expects such a big piece of the pie, and is one of
those humanoids who believes excess is necessity or, even worse, his God-given
right. These kinds of people are without a sense of balance or the ability to
put themselves in the place/shoes of others. He is a sociopath and it
continually gobsmacks me that there is a single person on the planet who could
feel any synchronicity with him let alone, for one minute, consider him as a
viable candidate for The Prez of the US of A. Astounding.

  I've noticed over the past several months, from numerous sources over the
internet, that the US has been settling a lot of refugees from that region, not
necessarily Syria. It's been done very quietly. Places like Florida, Texas and
Montana have been mentioned. Seems like others as well. The UN has been
responsible for the arm twisting to take them. One article that  I saw, just a
few days ago, said the US is taking a very high percentage of those seeking
resettlement. Sorry I can't provide sources, just keep your eyes open, they pop
up all the time.