 So Anne , how many refugees is Canada taking in? How many illegal immigrants
from central America is Canada dealing with? The fact is that non of this,
people fleeing Syria, would be happening if a force of 40,000 troops had been
left in Iraq, just as we did with Germany and Japan after WW2 and are still in
place. Iraq would not be joined at the hip to Iran and Syria would be  stable
and ISIS non existent. Hundreds of thousands of lives wouldn't have been lost
or entire populations disrupted and on the move. Europe wouldn't be overwhelmed
with refugees. There are some that say America can't be the policeman of the
world, and I agree, but then neither can the United States be the worlds *home,
away from home*.< ISIS has vowed to put their flag over The White House and if
you think that's just rhetoric, you're crazy! They and Iran  will take
advantage of these great migrations to move their people into strategic places
for the future.Weakness and naivety got us  into WW2, some people just don't
learn from history. The world and the refugees would be far better served if
Europe, the United States and other countries in the region stood up to ISIS
and destroyed them and allowed the refugees to go back to their homes.

 Interesting article about Canada and refugees. In short, they don't do enough
IMO:

 We can bring in 200,000 refugees in the next year. Here's how. - Macleans.ca
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/we-can-bring-in-200000-refugees-in-the-next-year-heres-how/

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/we-can-bring-in-200000-refugees-in-the-next-year-heres-how/

 We can bring in 200,000 refugees in the next year. ...
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/we-can-bring-in-200000-refugees-in-the-next-year-heres-how/
 We have the capacity to welcome many more refugees to Canada than our leaders
are pledging. What’s lacking is the political will.

 View on www.macleans.ca
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/we-can-bring-in-200000-refugees-in-the-next-year-heres-how/

 Preview by Yahoo

 And I also agree that the mere fact of people needing asylum is a travesty,
that offering a country not their own and certainly not ideal in any sense is
simply a band aid for those fleeing danger in their own country. A better
solution is to eliminate the reason for the fear and the running but that is a
very complicated subject. Getting rid of ISIS? More complicated still. I am
neither a statesman, a philosopher or a soldier.