Leadership by influence of Kinetic hard power, v adept and agile
..understanding the environment.

 “We were surprised at how little was understood about the people who inhabited
this conflict area.

 What was the status of the tribal culture that had endured so much conflict
and been criminalized ..?

 We wondered why .. the local population who stood to gain the most would not
provide support to us.

 Our lack of understanding meant we interpreted such behaviour as irrational.
Had we understood more, we would have known it was entirely rational.

 Influence, the art of subtle persuasion, would form the backbone of our
effort. .. They made choices just like the rest of us but how could we
influence those choices?”

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-ff9a9c01-faa4-4038-b4e9-83e619460e1f
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-ff9a9c01-faa4-4038-b4e9-83e619460e1f

 Detail and context aside it seems a lot of similarity in this to the ongoing
relationship of the TMorg administration with the meditating community.