There is absolutely NO threat in that letter whatsoever.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
Florida for
> years. My reply follows.
>
> thanks,
> Mike Scozzari
>
> In a message dated 12/5/2005 5:03:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Dear Sir or Madam:
>
>         I represent the owner of the federally registered service
mark
> "Transcendental Meditation", Maharishi Foundation, Ltd. It has come
to my
> attention that advertisements from unlicensed entities selling the
> Transcedental Meditation program are appearing in your publications
> including the Palm Beach and Boca Raton editions of Natural
Awakenings .

*

> Reply from Mike Scozzari to magazine publisher
>
> 12/7/05
>
> Natural Awakenings Magazine
> Palm Beach Edition
> Editor and Publisher
>
> Dear  Leah,
>
> Thank you for forwarding me the letter sent to you by Mr.
Goldtein.   The
> letter is an unfortunate and clumsy attempt to intimidate  and
embarrass you
> and your magazine.  There is in fact no substance to the absurd
allegations
> made by Mr. Goldtein.  I am a fully trained and qualified and bona
fide
> teacher of Transcendental Meditation and have been operating as
such for the
> last 33 years. I have thousands of my students and clients in the
South
> Florida area. I am well known to TM teachers in South Florida and
to fellow
> TM teachers both Nationally and abroad. My advertisements have been
placed
> in the Palm beach media since 1990.
>
>  You may forward this letter to Mr Goldstein'.  Kindly tell him
that his
> assertions that I am in infringement of the service marks in
question does
> not necessarily make it so. If Mr Goldstein feels that there has
been some
> infringement,  his remedy surely lies in bringing the matter before
a court
> of law --not in "complaining " to you. If such an action were
brought by him
> I along with many other TM teachers with whom I am in contact would
be
> strenuously and vigorously contesting his allegations in a class
action
> suit.   As a self styled copyright attorney Mr. Goldstein ought to
know that
> copyright matters are often complex and can only be decided by a
court of
> law after carefully hearing both sides.
>
>  Mr Goldstein should be told that a magazine such as yourself
cannot be
> expected to get involved in complaints of this nature and that you
have no
> intention of getting involved simply on the basis of his
allegations. They
> are at best his point of view on the matter. If and when the matter
has been
> decided by a court of law in his client's favor then and only then
should he
> approach your magazine in the manner that he has. Until then, you
can take
> no action on his unsubstantiated allegations. That is the end of
the matter
> so far as your magazine is concerned.
>
>  Indeed,  this is the only position you can fairly take in the
> circumstances.  Were you to take action on Mr Goldstein's
allegations you
> would be doing a great injustice to legitimate clients like myself
who have
> been doing business with you for a considerable period of  time. I
am
> looking forward to my advertisement being placed in your magazine
and my
> continuing association with you.
>
>  I close with Season's Greetings to you and the staff of Natural
Awakenings
> Magazine,
>  Sincerely ,
>  Mike Scozzari
>

> cc/legal council

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM