In a message dated 12/7/05 12:22:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Now there is a strategy, If you can't beat them, join them! The godfather could have been French when he said " keep your friends close but your enemies closer".

That’s what Maharishi always said – turn your enemies into friends. I believe Christ said something like that too.

LOL Some how, I don't think that's what Vito Corleon meant. But now that you mention it, that was not an appropriate example since Vito would have kept his enemies close in order to really screw them later where as the French would keep a potential enemy close in order to try and appease them and Maharishi would keep them close in order to sell them something if he thought he could and if he couldn't sell  them something he would tell them to get lost.