My reply to empty's post below was about how people use the fascist when they mean authoritarian. But in his case he seems to embrace the true meaning of fascism as Mussolini and Franco applied it. In the case below the word "authoritarian" should have been used not "fascism". Political activist Medea Benjamin also says people should not use fascism because the public is confused about the term.

Similarly I find people use the term capitalism when they mean free enterprise. Private and publicly held businesses are free enterprise but private businesses don't engage in "capitalism" until they go public and lose their soul in the process. Capitalism puts the emphasis on the stockholder shifting it away from the customer. I think Adam Smith would even say that is a unintended consequence and that the focus should still remain on the customers which with good products allows the company to grow and be profitable. Capitalism is merely a method of financing growth.

BTW, I'm not talking through my hat as I as involved with a small company that went public so experienced the process first hand.