--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Yes to all the above...now what? ;-)
> > >
> > nice aikido move, Peter
> >

> Enjoy yourselves, guys.  You haven't reached enlightenment yet and
> Laura Calvert, so full of life, innocence, joy, optimism and
happiness
> both went on to a better place, as the post said, and died.  You
may,
> too, before you reach enlightenment.

To say that anyone *reaches* enlightenment is presupposing it as a
linear extension of self-development. It isn't.

To move from self to Self has been described as a ripening or an
implosion, an extinction, or an expansion. These are closer
descriptions than to say we *reach* enlightenment.

As you rip, so shall ye sew.  We
> don't remember the joy of the last life during the current one.

I respectfully disagree with you. I regularly reap the benefits of
joys experienced in lives past, and regularly am confronted by past
challenges too.

> Perhaps you will have the great honor of living the life others
like
> Tom endured.

Why was that painful, horrible experience an honor in your view?

Perhaps you'll have the honor of remembering the joy
> while you're being ripped to shreds in your next life.  Then again
> maybe not.

Absolutely not!

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM