 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:35 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: #1 Song in England

 In light of that, lemme ax you dis(a little Reverend Al lingo), were the
indigenous populations of the western hemisphere justified in their resistance
to the European invasion of migrating *illegal immigrants* coming to and taking
over  their country?Did the NA's do enough to stop the pale face, white eyed,
forked tongued, devil, washikis( some NA racial terms) or should they have been
more welcoming, hoping for a better outcome?I mean , all those Europeans wanted
to do was escape the religious intolerance,social injustices and economic
repression that they faced in their homelands and create a better life for
themselves and their families. How about the resistance of Europeans to the
invading Mongol hoards or the Indian resistance to the Mogals that threatened
the destruction of the Vedic civilization? Hmmmmmm? If we don't learn from our
mistakes, we are doomed to repeat them and history has a tendency to repeat
it's self. But then you might invoke Karma. We get what we deserve. We screwed
them, now it' our turn to get screwed. I then counter , are you ready to put
that Burqa on?

 Here is a small excerpt about the early days between Native tribes and British
immigrants:

 Wampanoag and the English: 1621-1676

When thePilgrim Fathers
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?gtrack=pthc&ParagraphID=itu#itu
 are struggling through their first winter on American soil, from December
1620, they see no sign of any Indians. The reason, they later discover, is that
the local tribes have recently been wiped out by a European epidemic.

This news reaches them in March 1621, when they are visited by Wampanoag
Indians. Living some forty miles away, they are leaders of anotherAlgonquian
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?gtrack=pthc&ParagraphID=iud#iudconfederacy.
 The Wampanoag are friendly. Their territory is not threatened by this small
English group. The Indians help the settlers with their agriculture, and join
them in their celebration ofThanksgiving
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=155.

The Wampanoag chieftain, Massasoit, makes a treaty of friendship which holds
good for forty years, until his death in 1662. During that periodPlymouth
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?gtrack=pthc&ParagraphID=itu#itu
 and the later English colonies thrive. The main effect of Massasoit's peaceful
policy is that his tribal lands are steadily whittled away in the face of
ever-increasing demands from the newcomers.

By the time Massasoit dies, there are some 40,000 English settlers in New
England
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?gtrack=pthc&ParagraphID=itz#itz.
 They outnumber the Indian population by perhaps two to one. Indians find
themselves working for the settlers as labourers or domestic servants. They are
expected to behave according to Puritan standards, and are punished for
following their own traditions.

Massasoit's son, Metacom, decides that the only hope is a joint uprising by the
Indian tribes of New England. It begins with devastating suddenness in 1675. Of
ninety colonial settlements, fifty-two are attacked and many of them burned to
the ground.

The chaos spreads throughout New England, but eventually English fire-power
proves too strong. By the summer of 1676 English deaths number about 600. The
Indian figure is at least five times as large. And hundreds of Indians have
been shipped to the West Indies for sale as slaves.