Jeezuz JR, I stopped subscribing to the Chronicle years ago. When they wanted to know why I blamed the plastic bags the paper comes in. They still haven't solved that.

But anyway, you have the Internet so why the hell would you even want a paper version of the news? The Chron is still a full sized newspaper but the Contra Costa Times and probably Mercury News are tabloid size these days (about the same size as a magazine page).

I also get local news via streaming radio and local news blogs. Believe it or not there is a new paper news startup over here in Martinez though they have a decent responsive design web site which requires a subscription too. They delivered free papers the first month in business. It's a weekly though and the local businesses can afford the advertising.

Funny, the Talk910 weather forecast says "sprinkles". Ol' Lloyd is going to get a lot of ribbing from Gil Gross today like "ever try stepping outside?"