Okay, that's kinda amusing....

 I guess with the increase in gun ownership, shot- gun weddings must be on the
increase then.

 From: "emily.mae50@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:58 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Just For the Record

   Just to update my post.  Hey Mike, good news...birth rates for unmarried
women are actually on the decline!  Don't let that keep you from volunteering
with the YWCA though!

 Products - Data Briefs - Number 162 - August 2014
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db162.htm

 http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db162.htm

 Products - Data Briefs - Number 162 - August 2014
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db162.htm Print page Download page: PDF
[624 KB] Contact Us: National Center for Health Statistics 3311 Toledo Rd Room
5419 Hyattsville, MD 20782-2064 1 (800) 23...

 View on www.cdc.gov http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db162.htm
 Preview by Yahoo

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Out of wedlock births are definitely on the rise.  Here's an analysis of this:
I don't get this journal so can't see the original.....but here is the brief:

 *This Policy Brief was prepared for the Fall 1996 issue of the Brookings
Review and adapted from "An Analysis of Out-of-Wedlock Childbearing in the
United States," which appeared in the May 1996 issue of the Quarterly Journal
of Economics.

 http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/1996/08/childrenfamilies-akerlof
http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/1996/08/childrenfamilies-akerlof

 RE:  "Now, times have changed, many, especially among feminist, seem to think
marriage or even having a man in the house isn't necessary to have a family. We
have all these wonderful social programs to make up the difference.

 I was questioning your assumption about what you think "feminists" are
thinking.  That statement about translated to me as something you assume that
"feminists" think. I figured that you had these "wonderful social programs" in
mind - the ones that you think the "feminists" are hoping to replace the father
with, when you said that.

 I think you missed the point. There is *no* social program that can make up
for not having both parents to successfully raise a child.You wouldn't think
that with an ever expanding welfare system and ever increasing out of wedlock
birth rate, considering all of the various birth control  that is easily
available.