Awakening? But some pity too on the poor feelings of the unawakened spiritual
midget.   Emptybill & Bhairitu you both seem learnt in your ways, could you
give some advice or consoling to non-meditators here or any long-term
practicing meditators reading your exchanges here who may themselves not have
come to 'wakening'?

 I received this excerpt below in an e-mail on the side which makes me wonder
how people feel if they are not yet wakened and reconcile what they are hearing
from others talking about 'awakening'?

 “..at a retreat I attended in Ladysmith on Vancouver island.. Rick Archer was
there, interviewing. It was quite the gathering of people; you may have met or
heard .. was on Purusha for a long time.. and now conducts gatherings on
Vancouver Island. Most of the people were Awake. I felt like a spiritual
midget.”

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Apertures. Good comment in this and that other thread here you are having with
Bhairitu, Empty. Even for the illumined on the path these are always good
'checking' as to help keep from being fooled. A friend of mine attended a
residence course recently with a bunch of 'awakened' folks and came away
feeling small for lack of an experience that evidently others were having
saying, “..Most of the people were Awake. (I felt like a spiritual midget.) “

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emptyb...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Although we know that a frozen pond is entirely water, the sun’s heat is
necessary to melt it. Although we awaken to the fact that an ordinary man is
fully awakened, the power of true teaching is necessary to make it permeate our
cultivation. When that pond has melted, the water flows freely and can be used
for irrigation and cleaning. When falsity is extinguished, the mind will be
numinous and dynamic and then its function of penetrating brightness will
manifest.

 Chinul