 There is a lot in the media to back this kind of letter up. I'm not saying it
is factual,word for word, nor am I saying it's a bunch of BS. I find it quite
believable, based on what appears in numerous places in the media, thus the
basis of my own personal comment. Feste's reply article is similar to yours. "I
don't want to believe it because it because it would make me look foolish and
might make me look like a *meanie*." As I replied to Festes before, the author
of his article, uses the word *seems* because it is none committal in nature.
In otherwords, she's saying *I could be wrong, but prove it!" She , neither
Snopes, disproved the authenticity and accuracy of the original letter, only
questioned it. Thus their grade of *unproven*, not *disproved*. Get a grip
people, don't throw open your doors to strangers without getting to know who
you welcome into your home and what their motives are. Be DISCRIMINATING when
it comes to your own safety.

 Sure Mike. First of all, anyone can write bullshit letters like this and pass
them off as their experience. Anyone can make these things go viral because it
seems that a lot of human beings are indiscriminating subjects where fear and
loathing for others by a mere presence of a letter or a doctored photo by some
twisted author can be generated. It happens constantly and unless you, as the
recipient of a constant barrage of conflicting and questionable media
onslaught, take the time and trouble to filter some of this crap out you will
have been manipulated and played - exactly like the writer hopes to do. I
refuse to be yanked around by someone else's agenda and so I question,
heartily, anything that rings alarm bells in the part of my brain that is
logical, rational and calm.