> > > You're offended by women who think of finding a
> > > good catch, or offended by the person who looks
> > > upon women in such a light?
> > >
> > > Regardless, it may be safe to say the TMO culture --
> > > Maharishi's culture -- encouraged an old-fashioned
> > > arrangement whereby the man worked and the woman
> > > devoted herself to her family.
> > >
> > > I recall a videotape about the role of devotion in
> > > culturing god consciousness. MMY said that if both
> > > husband and wife worked, each would be too spent
> > > at day's end to devote themselves to the marriage.
> > > One person would need to be fresh. I saw this on a
> > > men-only course. I imagine the women -- or the
> > > ladies, as one says in the TMO -- saw the same tape.
> >
> > Thanks for the explanation. The women who saw
> > this tape and actually believed it are free to
> > search for men who share the same degree of
> > gullibility. Me, I'll hold out for more.  :-)
>
> So you think that, all else being equal, a stay-at-home mom/dad
> doesn't usually make a better parent than one whose attention is
> divided by office and family?

Irrelevant. I am not a parent and plan to never be
one. I chose a different path, and am looking for
someone who chose the same (childless) path.

That said, the happiest and brightest and most
successful children I know are from households in
which both parents work, and always have. In my
opinion, the superiority of the stay-at-home
parent is just that, a myth.

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM