The ploy that some US companies who favored GMO labeling have been doing is putting "Non GMO" on products that have never been grown as GMO crops. For instance I have a jar of coconut oil labeled "Non GMO". I wouldn't be surprised if Monsanto wants their paid congress critters to pass a law banning such labeling. F'ing Fascists!

On a funny note I was noting the my white corn (which is not GMO) chips is now carrying the label "Gluten Free". Of course there is no gluten in corn and many companies have been taking advantage of the label for products that have never contained gluten.