And news agencies making it a big story on slow news days. Burns, Oregon? Hard to imagine that place in the sticks becoming a national story. And most federal offices if still open in rural areas are about the size of a gas station. The wilderness offices look a little bigger because that wilderness area is rather large and may need more staff to help maintain it. A bit further north in Oregon is the Wallowa area where the mountains are called the "American Alps" because they are rather new and look like a miniature Alps. Kinda of a cool area.

The rancher family has been having wars with the feds for years. Having worked in the federal government I know there are some real pricks who work in it. There are also a lot of cool people who find it hard to work side by side with the pricks. These sadists do like to bully the little people probably because they are easy to push around. That's why the banksters get away with murder while the IRS will waste time on a small business owner. In fact in the department I worked in the pricks were looking for job openings in the IRS.

Problem is you can't fire the pricks very easily though some of their managers would have loved to.