I said it was serious, is what I said. I don't take assaults on women lightly.
I was just balancing out the Breitbert article with info that indicated there
could be some exaggeration in play with respect to the facts.  The article
implied the perpetrators were refugees (i.e. of recent arrival).  Not
necessarily.  Nor was the number "1,000" as a descriptor seemingly correct.
Seemed kind of sensationalist to me; Breitbert tends to like to appeal to the
"fear of others" in its readers.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emptybill@...> wrote :

 The Cologne authorities have been savaged for falsifying the accounts of the
assaults. Apparently you are not willing to look at anything except what you
have already decided.

Thank you though for the excerpt - it is hilarious.

"Especially in the latter question, the investigators talked more rain in
recent days. According coincident testimonies of affected women, the
perpetrators "of North African origin" should be."

Noam Chomsky would be proud.