can they ask if they'd consider paying off the balance of the stadium here,
while they're at it!

 That's chump change for the NFL.

 On 01/25/2016 10:39 AM, jr_esq@... mailto:jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife] wrote:

   Bhairitu,

 That's the last thing I'd want-- men in black suits and dark sunglasses
following me around when I walk in the park or go to the grocery store.

 Also, there's a new trend in SF politics relating to the Super Bowl.  The
politicos now want the NFL to pay the City for the expenses incurred in
preparing for the Big Game, such as, additional police protection, street
cleaning, and the creation of a reception area for tourists and visitors.  The
last figure I heard is a reimbursement bill of about five million dollars to
the NFL.

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 That should get you on their watchlist. :-D

 Here, I thought violence was the nature of football.

 Actually law enforcement will probably be more worried about protests over
having the Super Bowl here.  The Bay Area is a sports nuts community.  Sports
stuff involving local teams can top the local news stories which is ridiculous.
 However local fans tend to be less interested in the Super Bowl (other than an
excuse to drink lots of beer and eat fattening foods) if none of the local
teams, especially the 49'ers, aren't playing. They also don't like the idea of
their tax dollars going to fund stadiums that will help make rich people even
richer.