Re "Did she say how she thought they would do this?  . . . Would cause a
gigantic ruckus."

 Ta.

 I think Bhairitu and Emily thought I was referring to the *Presidential
Election* itself - which is indeed decided by majority vote (give or take
disputes over ballot-paper design).

 I (Bonnie also) was talking about the regional selection for each party's
candidate to face off against their rival.

 I think Bonnie is right about the principle though. (I've heard it mentioned
before.) The delegates who eventually choose the one presidential *candidate*
for their party are not actually legally bound to respect the wishes of the
voters in their particular state. And Trump could scare GOP shitless.

 Just wondering if that situation has ever happened before.
 Bonnie sounded confident it would happen this time; I'm thinking, like you, it
could precipitate a crisis of epic proportions.

 What's the point?

 I was listening to Yank playwright Bonnie Greer today and she mentioned
something that really shook me: Trump has no chance of becoming President (no -
that bit didn't shake me!) because even if he wins every caucus/primary he
contests the Republican bigwigs will block his candidature. That last bit was
the shocker.

 Did she say how she thought they would do this? There's no official mechanism
for it that I know of. They could try to subvert the Republican nominating
convention to give someone else the nomination, but it would be highly iffy and
would cause a gigantic ruckus.

 So these primaries are in the end just advisory! The Democrat and GOP
establishments will just pat you on the head and tell you they will "listen" to
your concerns.

 Um, no. Not sure what Greer was on about, but it sounds to me like conspiracy
theorizing, not reality. (BTW, the adjective is "Democratic," not "Democrat.")

 Has it ever actually happened in US history that the popular choice for
Presidential contender - Red or Blue -has been overturned at the final hurdle?

 It's freezing out there. Stay indoors.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <rick@...> wrote :

 Law in Iowa requires employers to give people time off if they don't have at
least 3 hours to caucus during caucus hours. Pass it on! A lot of people I'm
hearing from don't know this and think they can't vote Bernie Monday because
they have to work! But they can. We need to get the word out! Empower the
people!!
 Iowa Code ยง 49.109
 http://www.findlaw.com/voting-rights-law.html
http://www.findlaw.com/voting-rights-law.html