Thx, as I recall, the numbers of initiations took a precipitous decline after
the 2nd appearance on the Merv Griffin show, (1975 I think).  One can make a
case that TM initiations are still going strong in countries like
(-------Stan); but here in the U.S. I see no evidence that what people called
the "Movement" is moving anywhere.
 What was the reason for the drop-off in 1975?  It's obvious!  Disco music.
This had a jarring effect on people's nervous systems and they could no longer
even sit with their eyes closed, lest their brains explode.  But people already
practicing TM were able to ward off the harmful Disco vibes.
 ...OTOH, it can be argued that the drop-off was not only taking place in the
TM Movement, but in other New-Age groups as well, but some later than 1975.
Muktananda's movement declined rapidly after he passed away. (I believe it was
1982), but it was well known that he had heart problems.
   At any rate, the impulse of creative intelligence shifted elsewhere.  Do you
know what happened in 1975?  Wozniak wrote the first words on a computer
terminal that popped up on the screen, and Microsoft was born in the same year.
 I believe that profound inner plane events are taking place now..  More on
that later.