I've mentioned frequently on FFL when discussing transportation in our
modern age how Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is a joke.  Now even BART
admits it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/18/us/bart-talks-back-agencys-twitter-account-responds-to-user-complaints.html

Seemed like a cool idea back in the day (1960s) but it failed to keep up
with changing times and was difficult and expensive to expand.  The new
problem (only a few miles from where I live) will wind up putting more
cars on the road and probably make the Bay Area look like Los Angeles.

Seattle's monorail was supposed to be the "wave of the future" back in
1962 but all it has ever been was a novelty ride between downtown and
the Seattle Center.