Thx previous contributor for bringing up the word "Antinomian" (derived from
the Greek (anti + law); i.e. an exaggerated form of  justification by faith
alone (not of works, and not of "Law"). Luther saw into the potential flaw in
this line of thinking, since to through out the "Law", one would have to throw
out the Ten Commandments. But Luther circumvented the problem by retaining the
Commandments but rejecting the legalistic interpretations of  Roman Catholocism.
 George Fox likewise rejected Antinomianism (as I see his viewpoints, since to
be Antinomian implies that the believer becomes automatically and
instantaneously sinless)  But Fox obviously believed in what nowadays we might
call self-improvement - at least in a Spiritual sense, derived from internal
belief along with silent contemplation.
 Modern Evangelicals I might add (the ones I've met), are indeed Antinomian,
believing in instantaneous Salvation by faith alone, and the idea of further
"progress" is something they fail to adequately explain or reconcile.
 . Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), the notion of progress is
thoroughly entrenched in MMY's teachings, as opposed to non-progressive
thinking as is present among some Neo-Advaitins.
 Wiki says that "silent waiting" was already established [even before Fox?], so
it's unclear as to how this movement originated in Europe; whether
spontaneously or from external influences..  Some speculation on this will be
reserved for further discussion pending more research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther#/media/File:%D0%9B%D1%8E%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80_%D0%B2_%D0%92%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BC%D1%81%D0%B5.jpg