These Crash Courses are good at instructing the ignorant masses.

 At about 8:15 in, he states that Aquinas takes it as a given that everything
must have a cause other than itself, and that therefore, his argument of God as
"first cause" is self-defeating because why wouldn't "God" have to abide by the
same "rules."  I thought that was one of the deals with theism - no "God"
doesn't abide by the same "rules" as his creation.

 I don't try to talk intelligently about any of this because I'm such a novice,
but just read the Buddhist idea of Dependent Co-Arising, which is a philosophy
that would allow for the concept of infinite regression to exist, in theory.

 Seems to get down to the age-old discussion of dualistic vs non-dualistic
view/approach.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote :

 The Cosmological arguments of Aquinas.  Also discusses flaws and
counterarguments.
 Aquinas basically examines causes and effects, saying that if one traces
origins backwards, there can't be an infinite regress.  But on the contrary,
that could be a  false presumption on his part.

 Aquinas and the Cosmological Arguments: Crash Course Philosophy #10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgisehuGOyY

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgisehuGOyY

 Aquinas and the Cosmological Arguments: Crash Course P...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgisehuGOyY Our unit on the philosophy of
religion and the existence of god continues with Thomas Aquinas. Today, we
consider his first four arguments: the cosmological ...

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgisehuGOyY
 Preview by Yahoo