With the rise of indiscriminate promiscuity during the sixties I always
marvelled how people were so blasé about the likelihood of picking up an STD.
This attitude lasted until the emergence of the HIV virus.

 A comedy quiz on TV here had the guests devise slogans you would be unlikely
to see on a TV advert.

 One wit came up with:

 "Always use Durex condoms. Face it: if she's willing to have sex with you
she's probably willing to have sex with anybody."

 Damned good one that! In fact it could make an effective poster to have on the
wall of a youth club or a doctor's waiting room.

 It may be due to STDs and not necessarily true love, according to new
reasearch.

 Germs, not true love, make humans mate for life, researchers say
https://www.yahoo.com/news/germs-not-true-love-humans-mate-life-researchers-230711182.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/germs-not-true-love-humans-mate-life-researchers-230711182.html

 Germs, not true love, make humans mate for life, resear...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/germs-not-true-love-humans-mate-life-researchers-230711182.html
 The answer is germs, researchers said Tuesday, arguing that the havoc caused
by sexually transmitted diseases (STIs) convinced our ancestors it would be
bett...

 View on www.yahoo.com
https://www.yahoo.com/news/germs-not-true-love-humans-mate-life-researchers-230711182.html
 Preview by Yahoo