Thanks. Your experience sounds like what I half expected. I was always too
fearful to give it a try in case it turned unpleasant!

 I recall when I was initiated the teacher asked me if I'd used drugs during
the previous 15 days. I said not - as indeed I hadn't - but he was pretty
dubious as I was going through a "hippy" stage at the time and looked like one
of the usual suspects . . .

 Bhang is a common shortcut to higher states in India. I by no means pooh-pooh
the alleged connection between drugs and "expanded consciousness" but getting
there under your own steam is always more convincing.

 sure have...long ago. I would say a tiny big feels great but more than a
little does not work, I think it is probably true that the coherence effect
gets lost, the brain gets very disordered on more than a bit.
would like to know someones experience with the flying sutra and weed as I have
abstained for a long time. as per the Guru's wishes..