This cracked me up:

 "Based on One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told"

 (My italics.) The ultimate in Political Correctness. Sorry, Jesus.

 I can't find a clip of the entire chariot race from the 1959 film, but here's
the last four minutes. Check out the stunt at :44--it's just about miraculous:

 Ben-Hur (3/10) Movie CLIP - The Chariot Race (1959) HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE9rXnaHpE&list=PL3AwUWd1tYK-xG_zS9T7JP9PTEzL9BYEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE9rXnaHpE&list=PL3AwUWd1tYK-xG_zS9T7JP9PTEzL9BYEo

 Ben-Hur (3/10) Movie CLIP - The Chariot Race (1959) HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE9rXnaHpE&list=PL3AwUWd1tYK-xG_zS9T7JP9PTEzL9BYEo
 Ben-Hur movie clips: http://j.mp/1e6XcoX BUY THE MOVIE: http://j.mp/1e6X9JI
Don't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit....

 View on www.youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE9rXnaHpE&list=PL3AwUWd1tYK-xG_zS9T7JP9PTEzL9BYEo

 Preview by Yahoo

 This looks like one of the failures at the top of management where they think
"well... we own this property and it paid for itself before, so let's do it
again".  The 1959 classic is perfect just the way it is that they can't really
do justice to it in a remake.  If you look at the chariot race CG in the new
film, it is lacking, cheesy, and adds no spectacle that the 1959 remake had in
spades.  My wife and I saw last year in Seattle a presentation of the 1959
version in an 8K restoration.  The original 65mm negative was so sharp that the
huge screen was beautiful filled with grainless and sharp imagery.

If this trend continues we will probably see a remake of Gone With The Wind.
Enough already.