 From: "authfriend@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 2:26 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Blame it On Rio

   The swimmers gave the money to the manager of the gas station, not the
security guards.

 The security guards had called the police and were holding the swimmers until
they arrived, but the swimmers managed to leave before the police got there. If
they thought they were being extorted (for all of about $50), why didn't they
wait for the police?

 The press "got involved" because Lochte went to NBC and told them his robbery
story. Then he told the police one story, but changed it later. That's when the
police became suspicious and started investigating. It isn't the press's fault
that Lochte kept telling different stories.

 I didn't say that  he *didn't* lie to the police also.
 He may have *perceived* that he was *robbed* initially. He was held at gun
point by a security guard, who also happened to be an off duty cop, thus the
badge, and forced to hand over money for alleged damages to the bathroom. If I
broke a sink or mirror in a bathroom in a public space or private business, I'm
not sure I would feel comfortable paying a security guard for the damages.
Sounds like a shake down to me.

 He was robbed, figuratively, not literally. Seems the cops were content to let
him go until the press got involved with different stories.
 What a tangled web we weave .... Never the less, Lochte is a liar.