--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Interesting stuff. It occurs to me that you are so comfortable with
> this means of expression that you were probably Indian very recently.

Besides the Sanskrit, Telegu language bhajans hold a particular sweetness.
Many Telegu devotees have said the same.

Sri Swamiji provides a very easy method to learn these bhajans and prayers.

> [...]
> immersed in Nada. There
> > is Nada in everything around us. The birds, the wind, the rains,
> and even the buses plying
> > the roads create Nada. There can be no movement without Nada.
> There is nothing which is
> > free form the influence of Nada. The Lord Brahman created the
> Universe out of Nada. The
> > supreme destroyer Maheshwara performs the Tandava with Nada. The
> saints have been
> > bringing light to the multitudes from time immemorial by singing
> songs in praise of God.
> > Tumburu and Narada in ancient times, Meerabai, Surdas, Thyagaraja,
> Purandaradasa,
> > Chaitanya, Paramahamsa, Nanak and Kabir in recent times have all
> carried the Light Divine
> > on the vehicle of Nada. Their messages have withstood the test of
> time and the songs
> > composed by them have been sung from generation to generation.
> Bhakti and Nada
> > cannot be separated from each other.
> >
> > The seven Swaras, the seventy-two Melakartas and the numerous
> Shrutis are the
> > component manifestations of Nada. From them are born the Ragas and
> Raginis. The Ragsa
> > and Taginis are not mere combinations of notes. Each is a Devata
> or Devi, endowed with
> > certain specific gunas and powers.
> >
> > It is said that Tansen could light the lamps by singing a
> particular Raga and that it resulted
> > in the temperature of his body rising as if a fire were burning in
> him it is also known that
> > his body fires were quenched by a cloud-burst induced by another
> Raga. These are not
> > just cock-and-bull stories. The Ragas have not lost their power.
> >
> > Once a well known vocalist was to give a public performance. To
> his utter dismay he found
> > that his throat had gone hoarse. He came to Swamiji and told Him
> of his predicament.
> > Swamiji told him not to worry but to begin his performance with a
> particular Raga which
> > has the quality of clearing a sore throat. He followed Swamijiƍs
> advice and could give his
> > performance with ease. Singing a particular Raga with full
> devotion provides all the
> > accompaniments of various instruments.
> >
> > Our Ragas and Raginis are endowed with immense power. Sadhana on
> the right lines
> > brings about beneficial results, whereas an improper understanding
> and non-appreciation
> > of the qualities of the Ragas can lead to disastrous consequences.
> >
> > There is an intimate relationship between music and God. This
> relationship is established
> > only when Nada is approached with reverence and devotion. Pursuit
> of music in this way is
> > Nadopasana which is distinct from music for mere enjoyment and
> recreation. Music
> > charged with devotion brings one closer to God and that itself is

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM