Hey braaahmaan,

Rather than uploading files like the following to the files area, I would
like to suggest that you add links to them to the index I started at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/links/_FairfieldLife_Index_00111
7813309/ (http://tinyurl.com/bq3do) Create new folders if necessary to keep
things categorized nicely. Others are welcome to do likewise whenever you
see a post that you feel should be added to the index (e.g., because it's
noteworthy and memorable).

Thanks,

Rick

Here's what you uploaded, in case people don't know what I'm talking about:

> Peter writes:
> What strikes me as odd in these discussions is the
> degree of hostility. Why do people get so pissed-off
> if someone talks about some sort of Realization
> experience?

Braaahmaan: Seeing this repost of Peter's comment prompted me to go beyond
my
impression that there have been no recent posts of "people get so
pissed-off if someone talks about some sort of Realization
experience?" to actually check the last four days of posts for such.
I can't find any.

Balls in your court Peter. It appears to be an incorrect impression on
your part. But I am certanly open to new insights and changing my view
if you can provide a post or two where "people get so pissed-off if
someone talks about some sort of Realization experience?"

The larger question in my mind, is why you have that impression if
there are no such recent posts?

My angle of interest is the cognitive science contributions that show
that so much of what we "perceive" what we think is "out there" is
actually something happening in the internal cognitive apparatus.
Since you have been trained to recognize such, and to help others do
so [I presume your job invlves some of that - sorry if I presume
incorrectly], I find you a great case study, as in "jeez even if a
professional who is trained in this and deals in it everyday makes
sizable cognitve gaffs, what about the rest of us, we must be doing it
even MORE."

on 12/16/05 1:43 PM, braaahmaan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I've been given to understand that enlightenment
>>> changes quite a bit from one spiritual tradition to
>>> another. I'm told, for instance, that Buddhists
>>> disagree with Hindus on key points, and when
>>> their adherents attain end states they call awakening
>>> or enlightenment, the attainees describe their
>>> experiences differently from one another but
>>> consistent with their traditions.
>>>
>>> Native Americans have no such states in their
>>> traditions, suggesting enlightenment is not
>>> something that all traditions recognize.
>>>
>>> View determines fruit, as Vaj quoted a master
>>> as saying. Or as Dana Sawyer says, precept
>>> determines percept.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if I'm disagreeeing with you here, Jim.
>>> I don't know enough about either side of the discussion.
>>> I'm simply expressing some cognitive dissonance with
>>> the statement that enlightenment does not adhere to
>>> any tradition.
>>>
>> ********
>>
>> Gee, Patrick, I 'm crushed to see how quickly you've forgotten
> "process and product are
>> one".
>>
>> L B S
>

> I think 'process and product" or "process percipitates product" or
> "process produces pupil" or "process pre-determines perception"
> "process predisposes perception"  are all good angles that may account
> for quite different ahcievments and subsequent views by spiritual
> aspirants. The dogmatic, knee-jerk view is "many paths, one mountain",
> while the reality may be "many paths, many moutains" (coined by LBS?)
>
> Regardless, all such are opinions without some field work, experience
> in various traditions' practices, or at least review of current
> scholarshipint he matter (which I understand is vast).
>

> To subscribe, send a message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Or go to:
> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM