Over the years on FFL whenever Doug would display displeasure at the content some of us suggested he just form his own Yahoo Group. Of course we also suggested he would probably only have one member. :-D

Rick can speak for himself but we do know he got too busy with BGP to do much with FFL. I'm betting that Doug was the only person interested in taking over FFL. No one else we know of offered or it might have gone to them instead.