Thx....as are most Christian Fundamentalists.  Such facts don't detract from
the excellence of his book; and - if one wants to have a deeper understanding
of where such persons are coming from, "The Book of Mysteries" is great source
material.  OTOH, if one only wants to have a superficial understanding of what
make Fundies like Cahn tick, then don't read it.. (not saying I agree with
conclusions of Cahn by any means).  I' m saying that the book provides the
historical facts and evolutionary background for why Fundamentalism has
developed as it is; especially along with numerous details on the life of Near
Eastern cultures that one might not readily pick up by reading the Bible even
multiple times.
 The question is WHY are persons such a s Cahn, Huckabee homophobic,
closed-minded, Holier-Than-Thou fountains of bigogry and bizarre nonsensical
and illogical conceptions as to the nature of existence? (bizarre from my
perspective as a lapsed Catholic and a Buddhist).
 I study such persons and their viewpoints scientifically.  Thus, "such persons
are bigots".  (a true statement that I simply plug into my data banks and for
which I have few remedial recommendations for them.....other than perhaps they
should practice TM.
 After considering the source material such as The Book of Mysteries, perhaps
we can understand why there are countless Baptist Churches spread all across
the country, and (at this time in the evolution of mankind), why also there are
not equal numbers of Quietist/Transcendentalist groups throughout the US

 Cahn is a right-winger, a homophobe, and a crackpot who prophesied that the
world would end on September 13, 2015. Caveat lector.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote :

 Just received Jonathan Cahn's "The Book of Mysteries".  Looks like a winner!!
My preliminary advice: a must read for all persons (a) wishing to get a handle
on little known or obscure Bible facts that will lead to a greater
understanding of the cultures and religion of that time and place. (b)
mandatory reading for students of the Bible as literature and also for those
wishing to understand what Christian Fundamentalism is all about. Cahn is the
perfect conduit for this knowledge with a Jewish background - since the
earliest Christians were Christian Jews.  But that phase was quite temporary
and segued into Jewish Christians, then over the course of a few hundred years:
distinct Christians leading ultimately to a monolithic and abominable
institution.  But Cahn expertly carries us back to the days of the Hebrew
Scriptures and the early days of Christianty before organizational evil took
root.
 Get it!  I got mine from Christian Books, Bibles, Gifts & more. -
Christianbook.com http://www.christianbook.com

 http://www.christianbook.com

 Christian Books, Bibles, Gifts & more. - Christianbook.c...
http://www.christianbook.com Leading seller of Christian books, Bibles, gifts,
homeschool products, church supplies, DVDs, toys and more. Everything Christian
for Less for over 3...

 View on www.christianbook.com http://www.christianbook.com
 Preview by Yahoo

 The Book of Mysteries: Jonathan Cahn: 9781629989419: Amazon.com: Books
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Mysteries-Jonathan-Cahn/dp/162998941X

 https://www.amazon.com/Book-Mysteries-Jonathan-Cahn/dp/162998941X

 The Book of Mysteries: Jonathan Cahn: 97816299...
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Mysteries-Jonathan-Cahn/dp/162998941X Imagine if
you discovered a treasure chest in which were hidden ancient mysteries,
revelations from heaven, secrets of the ages, the answers to man’s most endur...

 View on www.amazon.com